Perhaps the biggest debate that takes place in a person’s mind immediately after an accident where they have suffered a personal injury or significant damages that result in monetary loss is whether they require a personal injury lawyer.
While the truth is that not all accidents necessitate litigation in order for the injured party to get the necessary compensation, most of them, especially those involving corporations and their insurance companies, often require the injured party to seek assistance from an experienced personal injury lawyer.
David Resnick & Associates are personal injury lawyers you can depend on to get you the compensation you deserve after an accident that resulted due to the negligence of the other party/parties. Our experience in personal injury law includes dealing with some of the biggest corporate insurance companies, which means that we can properly advise you on whether to move to court or opt for an out of court settlement if it best suits your current situation.
If your case is to be settled with a civil suit, the experience of our personal injury lawyers is exactly what you need to provide dominant representation in court in order to ensure a fair ruling and adequate compensation to cover for your injuries.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Technically speaking, hiring a personal injury lawyer is not an absolute requirement in every case. Sometimes when the injuries are mild and insurance policyholder’s cover is sufficient, there is no need to involve legal assistance as the case can be solved amicably outside court.
On the other hand, when you’re facing a legal team of insurance lawyers and you have little to no experience on how to handle such legal matters, it is prudent that you seek representation from a personal injury lawyer. In addition to knowing all the intricate workings of your case, the personal injury lawyer will do all the legwork for you to allow you to recover from the physical and psychological injuries obtained from your accident.
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’re not sure if you need a personal injury lawyer, the following considerations should be made in order for you to arrive at a decision.
• The extent of your injuries – Accidents that lead to severe injuries such as broken limbs and injuries that will rack up substantial treatment costs including the projected costs of future treatments are rarely straightforward cases. To avoid having to pay for your own treatment, getting some legal assistance is advisable.
• Long-term or permanent disability as a result of the accident – When your quality of life stands to be permanently affected by an accident that resulted in the loss of limbs or the ability to walk or see, a personal injury lawyer is best suited to consult the right specialists in order to deduce the extent of compensation you deserve.
• Contested Liability – Sometimes (most times, actually) the insurance company will try to remove the blame from the policyholder in order to absolve themselves from the responsibility of paying for your injuries. More often than not, they will request for proof of fault which, if not clearly apparent, could influence whether you get compensated at all. An injury attorney is capable of digging up the required evidence in order to get you the ruling you deserve.
• Lack of settlement offer – The insurance companies involved will sometimes refuse to negotiate any kind of settlement offer whatsoever. This isn’t always related to a lack of proof, sometimes they just don’t want to pay for the damages caused by the policyholder.
If your case falls under any of the following scenarios, please don’t hesitate to contact David Resnick & Associates.
How to Get the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
At David Resnick & Associates, we believe that getting the right injury attorney for the job will greatly influence the outcome of your case. With that in mind, there are a few considerations to make when hiring an injury lawyer. These will help you narrow in on the best person for the job in order to guarantee that you get a fair compensation for your injuries.
1. Pick a specialized injury lawyer. Much like medicine, there are injury lawyers that specialize in brain injuries, injuries from burns, automotive injuries and even workplace or slip-and-fall injuries. To better the chances of winning the suit, choose an injury attorney that focuses on your specific type of injury or case.
2. Experience matters. The proficiency of a lawyer cannot be measured only by the number of accolades he hangs on his walls. A lawyer who has dealt with similar cases before can represent you a lot better in court.
3. The reputation of an attorney says a lot about your chances of winning the case. Word of mouth is a powerful thing to rely on when choosing an injury attorney.
4. Level of dedication and how comfortable you are with the lawyer.
Keep your instinct alert when searching for the right personal injury lawyer. More importantly, make sure that you are properly represented if your case calls for it.
David Resnick & Associates are personal injury lawyers with a wealth of experience who always strive to ensure that our clients get the maximum compensation for their injuries. Contact us today and let us know what we can do for you.